1. Plant Something -
- Planted out some very advanced tomato seedlings from pots and potted on some chillies.
- lettuce and salad greens
- courgettes and other summer squash
- 3 spaghetti squash
- French beans
- cherry tomatoes
- Moneymaker tomatoes
A selection of tomatoes and chillies with the odd pea pod and broad bean pod thrown in for good measure3. Preserve something -
- Nothing this week
- The usual things
- Hardened some spaghetti squash for storage by putting them in the sun for a few days to cure. Although I'm not sure they're going to last long enough to need that.
- Bought a kilo of hard winter wheat berries to try out with the flour grinder, to use for baking soon. Probably this coming weekend.
- The usual
- Baked a spaghetti squash, cut into two halves, seeds hollowed out and filled with a red kidney bean chilli. Delicious. Will do again very soon.
- lots of green bean and tofu dishes
- Made more of the intensely courgetty pasta sauce. I'd intended to freeze some, but it made it to our bellies before it made it to the freezer.
- Lots of salad with greens, baby carrots, radish and beetroot
- It may not count, but I had some of yarninmypocket's fabulous home-brewed beer. Hey, I enjoyed it, surely I can count it as "eating the food"!
8. What I bought:
A pound of red kidney beans and a kilo of wheat beans.